Friday, May 30, 2008


Trailer is RE-packed and we are poised to start out in the morning... a few hours from now!! Yikes! I was ready for bed at 9:30 pm then it crossed my mind that I should check the details on the Washington State Ferry system. I think I have it figured out now... or I'm so rummy I think I have it figured out and it's just an illusion! Important thing is that I now know that we have to have a reservation to take the ferry from Port Townsend to Keystone and I have the phone number to make that reservation! Ha~
Tomorrow we deliver recliners to Caleb in Portland and then scoot on up to Mike's Beach Resort on the Hood Canal http://www.mikesbeachresort.com/scuba.htm , where we will complete our Advanced Open Water Certification dives! Jack maintains it will be his last "cold water " diving. I'm looking forward to seeing the local octopus!

We are staying at in the RV section at the dive resort and when our classes are done on Sunday we are continuing up the coast to Port Townsend taking the ferry to Whidby Island and going on to La Conner, Washington to spend 3 or 4 days seeing what the Potlatch Resort has to offer these days. It has been 12+ years since I've been there.
I'm hoping we'll ride the ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbor and on one day. I seem to remember hearing that you get to see the best of all of the islands by just standing at the railing during the ferry ride. Maybe get off and have lunch at Friday Harbor on San Juan Island... we'll see.

We plan to drive back home via the Oregon coast route and stay at Paradise Cove Resort http://www.araresorts.com/our_resorts.html in Wheeler for a day or two and check out the crabbing and swimming pools! It is so cool having a trailer and the time to be able to just go and stay until we want to go again!

Our approximate return will be 2nd week in June... I'll post again then!
Love to you all!


1 comment:

Diane said...

Don't forget your seabands... the ferry will be much rougher than the ship was...... Have a great time.