Sunday, May 13, 2007

Wow, it's May 13th already! Wedding Celebration in less than a month! Closing of the sale of this house and purchase of the new one in just over 30 days! All good stuff!

It's been an emotional Mothers Day for me already. Thoughts of Mom came with a lot of sadness. I know she wasn't happy the majority of her life. I feel very lucky that I have had a better go of it. We visited Jack's mother's grave and left silk flowers - something I've never done at my mothers crypt. Don't know if that is part of the sadness today or not. I don't believe that Mom's spirit is there but it is a show of respect and rememberence.
Working in the yard brought me out of it as working in the yard always does. Life is a cycle and all is wonderfully planned by a far greater intelligence than I. All is as it should be in the world.



















Here are a couple of shots of the new house... the "before" pictures! I've been sketching and day dreaming about the gardens already and am chomping at the bit to get started! As you can see the front is done... but then there is the rest of the lot!

Caleb is planning on doing the concrete work for us on the North side yard, the back patio, and the shed/shop for Jack that will be located under the trees in the backyard. Then inground sprinklers go in - then sod in the NON garden areas. I keep telling Jack I'm not much for grass - I don't think he realizes what the means - yet. An oriental garden area, a cottage garden section, mini orchard, raised bed vegetable garden.... hmmm, sound familiar? This will be my last garden!


















Yesterday we purchased 4 arborviata shrubs... for the south end of the patio ... but they will serve as part of the decorations for the celebration before that! As you can see we have a lot of landscaping to do! Anyone desiring to get us wedding presents would be safe with any lawn ornaments or outdoor entertaining items! We'll be spending a great deal of time in the backyard!
The lot is almost a third of an acre and has many established trees. The neatest being a HUGE old willow tree that will be perfect for grandchildren to explore... Jack may get drafted into treehouse design!

















The East West orientation of the house is great for sunlight in the house and gives me a little bit of everything to work with in terms of gardens... deep shade, partial shade, full sun, woodland... I'll be busy for years!

















Hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day!


2 comments:

Diane said...

I am sure that Mom is watching you with a huge smile. I'll just bet she is loving being able to see you so excited about your upcoming Renewal as well as your excitement about your new home and garden. She is in a better place.

I enjoyed the excitement that comes thru your post. And I DO have an idea of what you mean by "not much for grass"!!
Love - SIS

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Glad that you had a great day!

Can't wait to see the progress pictures of your yard.