Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HI! I've been busy and haven't posted for sometime, as was pointed out to me recently. This was my first end of the year/new year in payroll and it was intense - for me - since many things occurred that I had no reference point for. Many long days.





Squeezed in some holiday time though. Dinner with Caleb and Mike in Corvallis at a Japanese Steak house. Thinking of you Brett!














And a more traditional gathering at the Comacho's with friends in Klamath Falls.







We are really fortunate to have so many good friends. We also had a Christmas Dinner with Rocky and Caron at their house in Roseburg the week before Christmas!




Christmas Eve Signe and Leo joined us at our house. I used Mom's good china for the occasion. Jack has filled the set back in for me and I can now serve dinner for 8 with matching place settings! The table was prettier than the food was good. The dishes I made were just not quite right. I've always said I'm best at setting a mean table than filling one! They are good friends so it didn't really matter. We spent the evening looking through books I've brought from Dad's and discussing Ghost Towns we'd like to visit before we all retire to Mexico.

New Years Day we spent at Susie's playing Buzz Word, and War of the Sexes while snacking on all the different "New Years Day" traditional foods that everyone brought. I overheard Jack telling someone in the livingroom that "You can always tell when my wife is having fun!" I don't know how he meant that but I was deffinately having fun.
This is one of the coldest winters many can remember and we have a lot of snow on the ground. If it warms up enough to melt alittle in the day it freezes to an ice slick by early evening. We've not been out of town since before Christmas! It's been dark when I leave for work and dark when I got home until just recently. We are now on the count down for our Carribean Cruise. We expect completely different surroundings!


I've got my clothes laid out in the guest bedroom because it's still alittle to soon to put them in the suitcase...


Our little family is getting comfortable with each other. Licorice, the newest edition, is now ok with sleeping on my lap with the dogs sleeping at my feet. Shiloh still watches her and she watches Shiloh but we haven't had any chases through the house. Jack grouses about all the hair in the vaccumn but I am sure he is happy with our little troup.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see and hear that all is well in your neck of the woods. Always love seeing pictures of what you've been doing. Love you all lots!

Anonymous said...

Don't know what happened to my last comment - cyberspace!!! Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. Every couple of years we get to spend it with our families. We pretty much hung out while the boys played with their new toys. I did cook a turkey breast. Not much else.

You are blessed.

Love - SIS