Monday, February 04, 2008

This is the same patio. I thought we had some snow right after Christmas but it has kept snowing and none of it is melting! This is the patio a few days ago!














I went out and finally got the snapshot of my snowbirds when they were knee deep in the real snow!But it has continued to snow and now they are almost buried!

Jack has been vigilant about keeping our driveway and sidewalks cleared (it's a law here that homeowneres have to have them cleared by 8 am). The mound of snow in our front yard won't be gone until JUNE!

When I got home from work today the three feet of snow that was on the roof now surrounds the house. Jack and his friend Steve got up there and knocked it all off.


Todays newpaper headlines were of three large buildings in downtown Klamath Falls that had their roofs cave in due to the weight of the snow on them. The Pine Street Safeway was evacuated and remains so tonight. The employees noticed the back loading doors bowing and strange noises were being heard. Nobody is taking chances right now!

Is there any doubt that we are ready for the Carribean?

It was wonderful to participate in a women's sweat this past Sunday. The snow was deep enough I wore my snowshoes to get there! It was very special to come out of the sweat lodge and be standing bare foot in the snow - steaming!

Life is so full of good experiences! I hope you are all enjoying what life has to offer you! One of my favorite sayings is "What I do today is important because I am choosing one day of my life to do it."

1 comment:

Diane said...

That is a great saying. Glad that you were able to get to your retreat. I am ready for R&R too. It is going to be great fun!!

And, that is a LOT of snow!!!