Friday, October 17, 2008

Our fall days are brisk and clear! I love it. A couple of folks have mentioned it being a sad time of year but I don't see it that way at all. The plants are dying back to take a rest...they'll be back in the spring!

We've spent a few hours in the yard the last couple of days - getting yard debris raked up and hauled off, pulling up the plants that have frozen and adding them to the compost. I'm sprinkling all the seed from the flower heads throughout the wild flower section...all volunteers will be welcome come Spring!

Last week I got 318 bulbs planted - an assortment of daffodils, tulips, crocus, grape hyacinth, dwarf Iris, Dutch Iris and Puschkinia(Striped Squill). All but about 30 of them went in to the 8" wide by 46' long strip between the chain link fence and our driveway in the front. I am trying the layered thing where supposedly I'll have flowers blooming there from February through June. We'll see...

Today I spent some time setting the guest bedroom up in such a way I can also use it as my "workspace". I've been working on the Angels In Whiskers website on the kitchen table. Between the laptop, printer, folders and papers the table is full... and then it's time for dinner and/or company so it all has to be "put away". Wednesday a girlfriend said she uses her guest room as a "study" where she keeps a desk and can leave projects spread out. What a concept! Dual purpose room! I didn't have to buy a thing! All it took was some rearranging and now I sit infront of the window at my desk/sewing machine creating this blog! Friends are so wonderful!

Just an update on the family - Caleb returned from his rock climbing trip at Smith Rock last weekend safe and sound, Mike is nursing a pulled muscle in his leg and getting grumpy at not being able to "do" anything with this wonderful fall weather, Brett just did a quick trip to Malayasia - stitched foot isn't stopping him! Brett is currently looking for another teaching position in Bangkok. Maya went smoothly from one position to another and is in her second week at the new job! Rod has returned from 6 months at sea and S'te and the kids are estatic to have him home. Diane and Keith are canning up a tuna storm in Coos Bay before they leave for San Diego at the end of the month to visit S'te, Rod and the grandkids.

Life is good!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yes, with winter comes a chance to lay down and recoup from a wonderful summer! I'm taking a "leaf" from them and doing the same. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are staying busy there! Things here are busy as well. We are going to get the other house cleaned out this week and get things ready for Mom and Poppa to come visit.