Thursday, June 04, 2009

HERE'S THE LATEST - I have a been called to go to work at my second most dream job (the first being paid to write)! Tomorrow I start at the National Park Service Natural Bridge Campground as a paid Camp Host! They will be paying me to be in one of our most bueatiful campgrounds along the upper Rogue River in the Rogue Umpqua Recreation Area! I can hardly believe it. I started wanting to be a camp host about 18 years ago but didn't have the trailer....

So I will be pretty much out of reach...unless you come visit me at the campground except for my two days off.

The campground is very basic....firepits and pit toliets.....but the sites are large and almost all of them have river frontage! I will be writing after I make my twice a day rounds and taking in the local hikes - so I can be good camp host and be able to answer questions about the trails. Union Creek is only 4 miles away so Betsy's Cafe will be getting to know me! I'll be broadcasting from there when I do!

So I'm off to pack up the trailer!!! Cheers!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Congratulations and good luck. Will look forward to seeing your 'broadcasts' on a weekly basis!! Is Jack going with you?

Sharen said...

No, Michelle and I are the camp hosts...Jack has a month "off" and then he is supposed to go to work for Bonneville for a few months.

I put the links on the next post of where I'll be...maybe you'd like to take a drive up into the mountains sometime this summer!