Monday, November 02, 2009

BIRTHDAY'S IN RENO, NEVADA!

Jack and Signe- two people I love very much-have birthdays one day apart. Each year we do some thing to celebrate the passage of another year. This year the four of us went to Reno together for a long weekend. We had a great time - with Signe being the big winner. She drew a lot of attention getting her winnings back to the room and we had quite a time fitting all four of us and her haul in the car!
Leo had some kind of majic going on with the video poker machines and would make bank off of a $5 'deposit'! Jack enjoyed the crap tables and they enjoyed him being there! But they were not too brutal. I had more good fortune playing slot machines than I have ever experienced! We all returned to the slots that could one could win a Mini Cooper on at the Silver Legacy time and time again. No Mini Cooper for any of us though! Signe joined me in one round of a Black Jack Tournement and then sat out. Leo joined in and won a round and then we both lost but in the mean time Signe won a drawing for tickets to that evenings Comedy Show!
Four days and three nights went by very quickly.

We ate lots of great food and went to the National Automobile Museum as well. That was much more interesting than I thought it would be! I am not a car buff in any sense of the word but the museum is set up in a very interesting way. Period streets lined with appropriate cars, driving clothing of the times, hats! and wonderful hatpins too! Although we originally planned on spending a day at Carson City but we just ran out of energy one day!

Sunday came with the challenge of getting Signe and her winnings loaded in to the car.




We made it home with everyone happy to unload! Nemo was a great pillow but really squelched conversation! None of us could see each other! The California border guard thanked us for her laugh for the day! At the rest stop more comments were received by amused onlookers as we bailed out for a potty break. Oh, did I mention we stayed at Circus Circus? Signe won the largest stuffed animal they had at the bottle ring toss!
Home again, Jack and I are now preparing for our long vacation in Vero Beach. Today was Jack's last day at work. We weren't sure it would be until this afternoon but all the work passed inspection and the job was offically complete! Yeah! Jack is doing the happy dance!
The snorkling gear is now packed and ready to be sent to Vero and I'm writing my list....
We're off to Portland on Sunday and fly to Florida next Monday morning. Michelle and the dogs will be keeping this house warm while we occupy Diane and Keith's!

1 comment:

Diane said...

and doing all sorts of stuff that I won't have todo when I get there LOL

Thanks for my laugh of the day - I 'm glad I decided to check my blogline!!! LOL