Sunday, February 21, 2010

READY, SET TO GO! My two little bags are packed to the max. I have all my money (dollars and baht), drivers license, passport, divers certification card and credit cards in my money belt. Disposable paperback books tucked in my bag. And it's 2:30 PM. Can't print my boarding passes for my Medford to Portland leg of the trip until after 5:30 today.

So I'm letting you all know I will be incomuticato for the next three weeks after this post. I'm not even taking a cell phone! Traveling light - but bright - my LL Bean backpack is as bright pink as one can get! Thanks to my sis I also have one of those neat little suitcases with wheels and a extendable handle - it is a modest navy blue but I've added a neon orange tag with my name on it and a salmon pink ribbon. I will be able to spot my "stuff" anywhere!

Woke up to 20 degrees this morning to the 90 degree weather in Bangkok is going to be something of a system shock. The low's at night in Thailand are running between 60 and 70 degrees! Dressing for the trip is a bit of a challenge! Sandles, capri's, light blouse, sweatshirt (which will be left in Portland for the return trip) in Oregon's winter weather may look a bit odd tomorrow but I don't want to pack anything I won't need for my 27 hours of travel!

Just think - in two days I will be in Thailand! WOW! I am going to try not to leave my mouth hanging open in awe! Brett has assured me it is going to be like nothing else I've ever experienced! I'll be keeping a journal and taking pictures so you'll get my veiw of Thailand when I get home!

Until then, take care of yourselves my loved ones! I'll think of you as I travel!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Brett's FaceBook comment "We are going to Rock her World" will most likely be the best description of all! Have a great time!

Diane said...

OK now your 3 weeks are way 'up' - so you need to start writing of your adventures!!! :-> I've been not-so-patiently waiting!! Glad you are home safe and sound,