Thursday, February 18, 2010

We are back in Klamath Falls! In fact we've been back since about January 11th! We have just been busy little bees and blogging got squeezed out. Here's a quick update for anyone curious about what's happened since the Loxahatchee River Trip!

Diane and I had a Bingo Night, had a couple of girl's days out and went to the Gaylord Resort in Orlando together before we all flew back to Oregon - Diane and Keith to see to the repair of their Coos Bay house - Jack and I back to our house in Klamath Falls.

The new bamboo flooring was in but the house had to be put back together. Furniture put back in correct rooms, rugs purchased and put down, all the surfaces in the whole house wiped down as the fine saw dust had floated everywhere, and then we unpacked from our two month trip! These things took a few days to accomplish!

Then I kept looking at the walls....dingy white with scuff marks and settling cracks. And I started collecting paint chips... Shortly afterward I had a discussion with a professional painter we know and since he wasn't busy he gave us a heck of a price on painting the whole interior and making the little repairs that needed done to boot. My sweetie seldom tells me "No" and he didn't this time either. So our home is now colorized!





It took a little longer than we estimated to get the project completed because I came down with a flu - rotten little buggers got me on the plane home I suspect. Anyway, we moved everything to the center of the rooms and then I went to bed sick. The house was torn up for a good 10 days with our painter being very thoughtful and taking a break for 4 days when I was the sickest. Moving the furniture around was hard on both Jack and I as his back was all bound up to the point he was going to the chiropractor and finally to the Dr. for medication to undo the muscle spasms and I would break out in coughing fits if I excerted myself very much! But we got it done!

I am all but done with the coughing, hacking horrible crud and Jack's back is getting better. All this is very good since I am leaving on this coming Monday for my long awaited, planned for, and anticipated 3 week trip to Thailand!!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Walls look good. Glad Jack's back is better - He was pretty tied up the last few days out here. Also glad to see you back on the blogline@@