Sunday, May 09, 2010

MOTHERS DAY 2010

Is the first one in ten years that I've spent with Brett!

He was laying in bed and told Maya he was going to call me like he has for the last 7 years that he has been overseas and then he remembered I was in the next bedroom!

So I got this lovely bouquet of roses instead! (At least partially because Maya said a phone call just would not do!)

Jack took all of us to a delicious Mother's Day Buffet brunch at Nibleys on the Green where we all ate until we were uncomfortably stuffed. The restaurant gave Maya and I each a long stemmed rose - I'm the retired Momma and she is the Momma-to-be.


Jack snapped this picture of us as we were leaving the buffet.
Once we got home I recieved calls from my other two sons wishing me a happy mothers day so my day was complete!

And then it was time for Brett and Maya to pack up their SUV for the next leg of their journey. Today it was only to Grants Pass to spend the night with friends of Brett's and then they are heading over the Coastal Mountains to hook up with Hwy 101 in Crescent City, California and go along the Pacific coast line to San Francisco.
The car top carrier and back of the vehicle were packed with the essentials and camping gear as the two will be camping in Zion for a week before Jack and I get there and two weeks before the wedding.
Brett and Maya had a week of bonding with Shiloh and Jacup so saying farewell included them as well as Jack and I! Maya is a dog lover too - which is almost an absolute requirement for anyone staying in our house for any period of time. Shiloh loved snuggling up to Maya on the couch and listening to the baby's heart beat anytime she could. Jacup warmed up to them after a few days. He is something of a one person dog - I'm his person. He tends to ignore all others and be a bit stand offish.


So now the house is back to just Jack and I. Seems rather empty.
All the projects are done and the containers stacked in the garage - waiting to go in the travel trailer after I've put all our stuff in for the trip.
My momment of feeling at loose ends came quickly to an end as 6 o'clock approached and I went to tell my story as a guest speaker at one of the local recovery treatment centers.
My life is full. I am fortunate to have family and community connections that give me a feeling of purpose and usefulness. Even with the unknowns around Dad's health, the pressures of the upcoming trip and wedding I get to ENJOY today. Life is good.






1 comment:

Diane said...

Horray for feelings of purpose and usefulleness!! I totally hear ya there!! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful day with Brett - and heard from Caleb and Mike too! A bonus! You are a good Mama - it is obvious :-)