Thursday, March 08, 2007

















Day 12 - Tuesday - 2-13-07 By 6:15 am and Jack and I were awake and agreed we wanted to get home!

On Crater Lake Hwy heading for White City the traffic and speed at which everyone was moving unnerved me to the point of being a back seat driver and frightening Jack with my reactions to driving choices he was making. When we stopped to get coffee I took a walk to settle myself down and returned to apologize to Jack for my outbursts. We agreed my being scared scared Jack and that makes him yell. Understanding is half the battle! We made it the rest of the way home without any further harsh words! It's still winter here! Hwy 140 had fresh snow as you can see!






















And we have had more winter weather since then! It was a joy to be home - icy air and all. Mike was thrilled to see us! He did his little front leg hop dance which is equivalent to jumping up and down. Jack was really pleased that Mike seemed really torn between greeting me or him!

After being home for a few minutes we went out to the car to unload our suitcases. The minute that Jack lifted the hatch to the back of the car Mike jumped in! I would have said there wasn't enough room for him to fit in there on top of the luggage but there he was perched on top of it all - he wasn't being left behind again!

We had quite a time convincing him to get out so we could unload! With a lot of coaxing he finally jumped out and watched us closely as we pulled the suitcases out. I didn't get a picture of him on top of the luggage - peeking out at us from the ceiling and I regret that. It was comical!

As soon as we moved away from the hatch Mike popped back into the car and there he stayed until we called him in to the house! It is good to be home!

No comments: