Thursday, July 24, 2008

Whew! The big birthday project is done! Packaged, addressed and poised to go to the post office in the morning. I started the project two weeks before the 22nd and am still sending it out two days late! Many hours, thirty years portrayed, and a long walk along memory lane for me! I hope it brings smiles and inspires memories and the sharing of stories.

Between sessions with the scanner and computer I helped Jack go get, unload, rake, and water down two yard of decomposing granite around the big willow tree in the backyard and the extension of the driveway to the back of the shed.

Tuesday evening we had the whole gang over to welcome Leo's daughter and her family to Klamath Falls. They are visiting from Salt Lake City, Utah. I made Carne Con Chile with all the fixings (following the reciepe Grandma Judy gave me many years ago!) Everyone really seemed to enjoy the food and the company. I'm getting better at cooking for 12+ people. I only burned the rice and I did it far enough in advance that I was able to get a second batch done before the company arrived! Yeah!

We'll be leaving for Salem in the morning. Jack's class reunion is Saturday in Philomouth. Tomorrow evening we are meeting with Caleb to celebrate his 27th birthday. Last Saturday we met with Mike and had a birthday lunch at a Thai resturant in Eugene. We tried thier version of Mango Sticky Rice for dessert....mmmm will have to suspend opinion until I can taste what Brett and Maya are eating called Mango Sticky Rice. The two do not seem to be the same!

That's it for now folks!

3 comments:

Diane said...

It's great that you got to see Mike for his birthday... what about Caleb? I was going to post a Happy Birthday on Brett's Blog - but forgot... will do it now!!

Maya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maya said...

uh oh. I hope I haven't raised your expectations of mango sticky rice so much that its a disappointment! I hate it when that happens with movies.