Tuesday, September 16, 2008






Talked to Mom and she asked for pictures of the backyard so here they are. The wildflower section is really in all it's glory! We have two pears on our pear tree and one apple on the apple tree this year! Although some of the vegetables in the raised garden have been bitten by the frost I'm still getting lots of kale, swiss chard, zuchinni, yellow squash and carrots! Brussel sprouts and pear tomatoes are still ripening too.


The sunflowers and hollyhocks made a good showing this year and will be even thicker next year. Neighbors, Dan and Bev, told me today I can dig up all the lambs ears I want from their front walkway... they were going to just toss them! I'm excited about that ... it will line the grass "walkway" from the south side yard to the back wonderfully.


This is how it looks this year.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I still have squash, tomatoes, and of course, lettuce going nuts!! The weather has been great for ripening!! Glad you got Caleb to help with "projects" - having kids is great LOL!!