Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yesterday I mixed pleasure with work. I spent the day traveling to interview for a Camp Host position. On the way I stopped to walk along the Rogue River Gorge (Brett's favorite spot) in Union Creek and then turned off Hwy 62 just a little further down the road and took the Natural Bridge trail. In all my years here I had never stopped and viewed where the Rogue River goes underground for 200 yards. Seeing it gushing out of the lava tube is awesome.

The interview in Prospect took about an hour and was very pleasant. So different than interviewing for IT positions! Mike and Shiloh were interviewed also, as they would be with me if I happen to be asked to host a campground for the summer.

After the interview a picnic lunch proceeded a walk along the trail that runs by Pearson Falls and to the gorge that Mike, Caleb, and I "discovered" about 15 years ago. The rocky gorge we climbed through to connect to the trail on the other side is a thundering rush of white water right now. I failed to take a camera! I remembered our Cub Scout outing where the water had risen enough from our original scouting hike that we had to carefully get everyone over the streams of water coursing through the boulders. If it had been flowing like it was yesterday that would not have been possible! Lots of good memories passed through my mind on the short hike!

Time has certainly passed quickly.

1 comment:

Diane said...

And such good memories they are! I see little spots like that too.... Good luck on our job search....