Monday, November 27, 2006

We made the rounds to the courthouse, social security, and DMV getting all the name changes done today. I drove in the snow for the first time today in 11 years. With snow tires it really wasn't to big a deal. I did see others having some difficulties on the hills and Caleb shared a tale of going backwards through an intersection on black ice this morning on his way to work. Portland is a sheet of ice whereas we get both.

Last night I finally got around to setting up the router so Jack and I can both be on the internet at the same time and while I was at it I tried setting up the wireless portion. My sister was right. It was easy and setting up the encryption was easy. So I'm upstairs at the diningroom table creating this post while Jack cleans up dinner dishes.
Finally I can upload the picture of my engagement ring that I've mentioned a time or two! I now have the wedding band which is twelve small diamonds! I'm inspired to keep up my fingernails!

I still can't hardly believe they are mine, they are so bueatiful.

We took some pictures at the ceremony with our digital camera but Cheryl, my witness took most of the pictures with her camera and has promised to email them. With the holidays she's been swamped with family and hasn't sent them yet. We don't have any pictures of Jack and I togeather but here is one of me and Cheryl and Rebbecka in front of the fireplace where Jack and I spoke our vows.
We'll say the same vows again during the family and friends wedding ceremony in the Spring. We each wrote our own and Lyle, the minister, shared some pretty special sentiments too. We're waiting to hear from Brett on if late May or early June would work best for him to come from Japan before we set a date.
It's not been a week yet and it must show because everyone accuses us of looking way too happy!
Today Jack and I enjoyed shoveling snow from both our and his dad's driveways about dawn and a late afternoon walk along the Link River trail with Mike. We have come to the conclusion Mike is a snow dog... he prefers his water frozen and on the ground. He absolutally romps through the snow! Coming back to us with snow up to his eyebrows! We don't think he'd really make it as an Alaskian sled dog though... if the wind rustles the bushes he goes in to a four point crouch and you can see the whites of his eyes.
The wind is blowing and snow continues to fall so we are all happily tucked in for the day. Hope each of you enjoyed some piece to the day!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'll try for the 2nd time to leave a comment!! Your ring is as beautiful as you described!! Nails are nice too.

I look forward to seeing more pics. Especially of your new husband!!

I've got the a/c on here - it hit 80 today so snow sounds nice - for a few minutes anyway!!