Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The drive to Klamath Falls Saturday afternoon was gorgeous. The sun was shining and the trees are all very brightly collored now. The is something about that big sky country! I know there are huge barren spots in that high mesa but where there are elm and pine it is bueatiful. I didn't get a single sinus headache for 3 days!

Signe and Jack's birthday party was a huge sucess! Susie had about 30 people there and tons of food! Jack met me with a big hug and a offer I intend to take him up on! I was the unofficial activity director so after cake we played Black Magic and then Worse Case Scenario, a survival game. There was a tarot card reader and we all had our turn having our cards read too.

Sunday Leo, Signe and I went to the morning breakfast meeting. Jack was there and asked me to dinner immediately - which I accepted. During the afternoon Susie, Signe and I walked our dogs on the hills over OIT and discussed our readings of the night before. Afterwards Leo, Signe and I went out to see the work Leo has done on the old house. He accomplished his goal of bringing it back to life and making is a very modern looking! At six Jack came to the door with a long stemmed red-rose for me. At dinner we talked until the resturant employees started standing around and we got the feeling we should go! We walked downtown Klamath Falls and I got to see all the changes that have occurred on Main street since I lived there 9 years ago. It was amazing! It feels like Jack and I have picked up where we stopped 10 years ago! We dated after my divorce in 1996 but went our seperate ways because we had different agendas as far as relationships were concerned. Seems like we've arrived that this space and time with the same idea! I returned to Signe and Leo's with my head swimming with all that Jack and I had discussed!

Monday I went to Roseburg and looked at the house. There was some holes in the walls but other than that a paint job is all that is needed. Rod, Wanita, John and Jack are going to help me get that done next Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully the place will rent pretty quick.

I got to get my 20 year coin from my Wildlife homegroup Monday evening! It was good to see familiar faces in Roseburg!

Tuesday I came back to Portland and prepared for todays interviews. One was a bust and the other is still and unknown. I am ok with not getting them because I want to return to Klamath Falls. I think the Portland chapter is near it's end. I'm looking at the job listings in Klamath Falls now. :-)

2 comments:

Diane said...

Have unemployment will travel :-) They can mail those checks anywhere. Really am glad that you enjoyed your weekend. Time with close friends is precioius and rejuvinating. Lots of luck on your endeavors. Sending of love and prayers your way!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I like the country much more than the big city as well. Will pray that all things work out well for you.