Thursday, October 19, 2006

Caleb and Kelly lent me their digital camera so I've been getting pictures to accompany my posts! My little piece of home is here. Mike and I venture out to the kitchen and bathroom but mostly we eat, sleep, and study here. Most of my stuff is still stored away. What I have out are the things I "need" - books, pictures, clothes, and dreamcatcher!

My bookcases serve as my dressing area screen. It's small but cozy. Most of my studing is done at the table by the window. So anytime you wonder what I might be doing just picture me at my table... working on the computer or on the bed with books and papers spread out around me. If I'm not in class or walking the dogs that is about where and what I am doing.

Everyone knows Mike, my chocolate lab, but Gizmo has been a mystery. Here he is! Looking very mellow which he is NOT. Being 8 months old he has tons of energy and is very vocal. Not always barking either. He has an amazing range! Sometimes he looks me right in the eye... about 6 am while I think I should still be sleeping and he "talks" to me. It is fasinating to watch his mouth move while he makes sounds - I know he is very patiently explaining I have been asleeep long enough and he needs some attention now. If I don't respond he will let out a couple of sharp barks and then talk to me some more. It's fun except when I am tired, sick, or trying to do something else (sleep, study, watch TV). He'll grow out of it one day and we'll miss it so I try not to shut him down to harshly.

I've tried to upload other pictures but they just aren't making it! I have to take the dogs out for a walk and then head off early for school. I'm taking advantage of the tutoring for Visual Basic. I did not do well on the programing part of my mid-term and the instructor has already let us know the final is going to be much more difficult.

I'll work on uploading pictures to flickr this evening or this weekend while I am house/dog sitting for Caleb and Kelly. Hope all is well out there with all of you!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks for updating. I've been watching :) Looks like you've made it nice and cozy. I was thinking maybe Gizmo was your landlady's dog and you were walking him with Mike. That's what I get for doing my own thinking :) Where'd he come from?

Get on that tutoring!! You've paid for every second of it. VSB isn't easy. If it was - I'd have learned more about it instead of just enough to make me dangerous. I've been "out of circulation" for so long now - I wouldn't even know where to start. Oh, yeah, with the dirty diapers!!!! Yahoo!!

Diane said...

BTW - did you do the interview???