Friday, October 13, 2006

Plans, and more plans...the outcome is in other hands!

Signe and Leo will be in Portland today! They'll be in "town" until Sunday so I am sure I'll see them atleast once! I have my mid-term for Operating Systems tomorrow morning which I'll study for today and then after the test I'm going to just enjoy the day - as much with Signe and Leo as I can.

Sunday I'm going to go to a celebration for Mary Paige and her business, Sober Princess. I've seen a fleece jacket that she designed and it was very tastefully done so I am really curious to see the rest of the line.

Monday is the mid-term for Programming, Tuesday the Clackamus County Job Fair and getting together with Nissa for dinner. This is my idea of what is going to happen over the next couple of days. :-)

This morning I got up and dressed and off to a 7 am meeting! After the meeting I decided to take Mike for a walk at Laurelhurst Park. It was foggy and crisp - kind of fit my early morning mood - so I was enjoying the walk. We were in the off-leash area so Mike was running free amoung the trees and bushes enjoying himself too. Somehow I slipped and went down on one knee - hard. Ripped my nylons (I'd dressed as if I were getting ready to go to work - just to keep in practice!) and the skin off my knee.

Funny how we look around to see if anyone saw us when something like that happens! I just that! No one was and I was relieved to limp back to the car without meeting anyone. Why a bloody knee and ripped nylons made me feel so stupid is a mystery but it sure did! Anyway, now I have a throbbing knee and a back ache! Friday the 13th?

Hmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Momma,
Sorry to hear that you fell. I hope your knee is ok. Be careful on those crisp, fall Portland mornings, it also means wet and slippery.
I hope you and Nisa have a good time. Infact, I am sure that you will. Looking forward to hearing more about your midterms and all of the other stuff that is happening in your life.

Your Son.

Anonymous said...

...and tell Signe I said hello.

Diane said...

That goes with "if a tree falls in the forrest and no one is around to hear it - does it still make noise?" If no one is around to see the fall - does it still do damage? hehe

Good luck on your 'terms. I am confident that you will do well.

Great talking with you last night.