Saturday, October 14, 2006

I am more and more aware of how much like a little kid I still am. I get happy, and I get sad. I expect to much from life - want life to be more than what it is. When I quit doing this I will quit being diaappointed and disillusioned. I'll continue to work on accepting life on life's terms in hopes that I will attain that level place where things are just all good. Thats what I want - the ability to accept things just how they are - and the serenity that gives a person.

I wonder how people do it without disassociating... that is the only way I've ever achieved the attitude of not caring. I hate roller coasters - real or emotional.

Signing out for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Momma,
As far as I have been able to figure out, there is a big difference between disassociation and detachment. Disassociation is bad, it is when nothing that happens matters. Detachment is better, it is when things happen and matter but, in the back of your mind, you realize how insignificant those things really are. Detachment does not mean non-feeling, whereas disassociation tends to lend itself more to that side of things.
It is a fine line, and one that I struggel to keep. I wish you all the best in your struggle to find it as well.

Your Son

Diane said...

I have found that when I EXPECT something to come of something - I am usually disappointed. So I try hard to expect little - and am very happy to find that I was wrong. I quit expecting people and events to live up to my ideals - so don't find myself disallusioned as often as I used to be. (I'm also trying to not be so "sensitive")

Good luck and God Bless you in your quest for the middle ground. And may you always take the high road.