Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fall is here in a bueatiful way! Slightly brisk mornings and nights - warm days. I do job searches, school work, and study most of the day but try to take atleast one walk (which Mike and Gizmo really appreciate) a day.

Yesterday I went to the Clearlake Rhododemdrum (you know what I mean... the plant) Garden located about 3 miles from where I live. It is a wonderful place! Six acres of paths that wind around the lake, bridges that cross streams that feed it, the sounds of little cascades, songbirds, ducks and geese. Another place to share when someone comes to visit! Another free thing that can be done in Portland - atleast on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I took Mike and Gizmo with me but will not again. People were outspoken with their fear that the dogs would go in the water after the ducks. Not Mike! I discovered Gizmo is equally adverse to water so there wasn't any real danger for the waterbirds - these two waterdogs aren't in to it! To maintain the serenity of the place I'll go dogless in the future.

The garden is right accross the street from Reed College which I have been attending meetings at. The campus is great just to walk through! Many of the buildings have been there for a very long time and the new ones have been built in keeping with the rest of them. Huge open lawns and wide, well lit walkways wind everywhere. The parking lots are limited to the fringe of the campus so you have to walk a lot. It is neat to wander amoung old, well maintained buildings.

Brett and I instant messaged this morning and he asked if I could act as a tour guide for the daughter of his Japanese Mom when she comes to America next month! Ayumi expressed a desire to see Crater Lake and Brett thought of me instantly. I do love to act as a tour guide - and love Crater Lake! So I have another bright spot to look forward to in the near future!

I've also received an invitation to a birthday party on Oct. 28th in Klamath Falls to celebrate two of my friends birthdays! I've already made the arrangements to make that trip! Thank goodness for my little Metro. Gas prices don't prevent me from going.

So, once again, many things change in the course of a day or two! I heard back from the property management company and the renter did pay Octobers rent (first relief). I let them know I want to rent it for more this time... so it will cover itself instead of being a drain on my income...and it is on their list of available rentals at that rate. I received the rent check yesterday and it being in the bank my account looks much better.

Time to get back to the books... midterms begin tomorrow!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hurdles crossed!!! I'm glad that you are finding the "places" that you need to feed your soul. I wouldn't worry about what the people are worried about. You know that Mike and Gizmo(who is he?) will and won't do - so if they are allowed and behave - why shouldn't they get to go??

You will make an excellent "tour guide" ! Just be easy on her hehe

The gas prices!! Wow - if they keep going down - you'll be able to fill up on pocket change~~~

And your "home" isn't in jeopardy any longer - since your landlady is going to purchase - so things are coming along quite nicely.

Glad you are updating so regularly - I check in often!!