Monday, October 16, 2006

Distinction between Disassociation and Detachment 101. The definition helped and I believe detachment is what I want to achieve since it sounds like that is what will allow me to have both a love of life and the ability to feel but not be so impacted emotionally when unexpected or unwanted things occur.

I can be dealt some really difficult relationship situations and handle them with clarity and a reasonable amount of serenity and then some minor thing occurs like a broken lunch date with a friend and I find myself feeling totally heart broken and rejected. It's like being really smart and then all the sudden you can't figure out what a familiar word means. The fact that it even happens makes me question what is wrong with me. Where is the illogical leap? Why do I jump the track and crash? Displaced grief? That is my current line of thinking. Another point for assigning grief to it's real source and feeling it at the time it occurs rather than avoiding it.

Enough self-examination for today! I have a mid-term exam tonight that needs my attention now!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hope you aced your midterm!! And with no minor annoyances :)lol

That disallusionment is even around bodes ill for the human race. That shows that you have higher expectations than people are willing to live up to. The fact that you have recognised it shows that you have made progresses that many of us have yet to do. Good work, SIS.