Thursday, January 11, 2007

I did 5 laps in the pool this afternoon and then they closed it down! We didn't time our swim session well. In reading Jack's dive manual last night I found out the things I have to do to get certified. Be able to swim 10 laps in a regulation size pool without stopping and tread water for 5 minutes. I can't remember how long it has been since I swam laps! I've spent a lot of time in water but I'm not positive that will carry me through ten laps so Jack and I started our swimming regime at the YMCA this afternoon. Unfortunately 5 minutes before it closes for cleaning be for open swim at 3 pm. We'll try again tomorrow - now that we have the pool schedule.

Signe and I ran this morning. I experienced difficulty in breathing for the first time to the extent I had to stop and couldn't even tell her I needed to stop. It was rather painful. I just could not get air in to my lungs! It felt like the air stopped at the end of my throat and hurt. We walked to the top of the incline we'd been jogging up after I managed to stop wheezing and then I was able to run again until on the return (about 15 minutes later) we started going up another incline - again the air jammed in my throat and we had to walk. It was very cold - about 19 degrees but Signe wasn't experiencing any difficulty. All we can figure is I'm not completely climatized to 4,200 feet yet and that combined with the extreme cold and running uphill caused my "breathlessness".

21 days until we leave for our honeymoon! We've made the arrangements for the house/dog sitter and for a room in Medford the night before and after our flights. I'm diligently studing Spanish but only a few words seem to be sticking in my brain!

Still no word on any of the positions I have applied for so I continue to read the Help Wanted ads.

That is my life today. Hope all is well with all of you out there!

1 comment:

Diane said...

At least you did the 5 laps before they closed. And you know you don't need much spanish - they all talk dollars!!! The right job will come thru when God is ready. Besides, you wouldn't start work until after your honeymoon anyhow!! It might just be there waiting for you when you get back. Only God knows!!