Tuesday, January 09, 2007

We've had two days of freezing fog! No sunshine! Jack told a friend he is convinced I suffer from SAD - I've been grumpier than he's ever seen me the last two days. Could be true.

The interview process today took from 8 am to 11 am. Several different tests followed by a group interview. Everything I heard was positive - including them saying they would contact me by the end of the week to let me know their decision. The position is as a technical person but has more to do with databases and data integrety than hardware and network maintanence. It would be a nice change! Knowing that things will work out as they are supposed to really takes a great deal of the tension out of the interview process but I do hate it. The feeling of not being good enough is a tough one to keep at bay. Countering it with thoughts that its a matter of a right fit not a matter of "good enough" and remembering to trust God are my antidote to the self-defeating feelings. It's really nice that they said they would call - It will be the first ones to do so... if they do.

Last night Brett and I instant messaged for a good while. It's the first time Jack has witnessed that mode of communication. It is pretty neat to chat with a loved one so far away.

Nothing else is new in my little realm. Hope all is well with every one of you out there!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hope the sun pops thru for you today. God knows where you belong and you are making an effort - Like when the man was praying to win the lotto. Day after day - the man prayed to win the lotto. Finally, after weeks and weeks there was a thunderclap and a big boom!! God said "Meet me halfway - buy a ticket." You are doing your part - and you have a wonderful trip to look forward to!!

BTW - are you still on messenger?