Saturday, January 13, 2007

The plan is for me to start my new job on January 22! It seemed like I was interviewing "everywhere" in town for a long time but the reality is that I'll start work on Jack and I's two month aniversary so my job search in Klamath Falls was about 6 weeks.

The job is as a techinical asssistant primarily working on data integrity and database server maintanence for 1 department. One element on what I used to be responsible for, just like I asked for from God. I had said several times I'd really like to leave for my honeymoon knowing I was coming back to a job! I am astounded at how many of my prayers have been answered in the last few months!

I go in for the drug screen and to fill out the forms for the background check this Monday and start the following Monday! I am excited about working again. Sis reminded me that it'll be 17 years before Social Security will let me retire with full benefits! :-) That doesn't seem so far in the future these days! And the company is fine about Jack and I's honeymoon in early February. I'll work for 9 days and then be gone for 13 days! What a deal, huh? It will be nice to have an idea of what my job is and what I'll be coming back to!

Benefits, lots of paid days off, 401K - the whole bundle! And it is about 2 miles from our house! I can walk it! Life is good!

It was interesting how Jack took the news and we had an opportunity to learn a little more about each other! It takes me a couple days to get mad... it takes Jack a while to show joy/happiness. He knows now that I like to celebrate good news and spend at least the same amount of time being happy and discussing the positive possibilities as was spent worrying and discussing the problems of a situation! It's a different approach/response for him but I have every confidence he'll love it when he gets used to it! I think it is very true that if humans don't concentrate on the positive and celebrate the good things they gravitate and dwell primarily on the negative. I made the choice a few years ago to be aware of this and make the changes in how I spend my energy. I hope Jack will make that same choice. My life has become "happier" just from that one change and it has lead to others that have all improved my outlook on life.
Enough philosophy!

Off to bed for me.

1 comment:

Diane said...

nvCongrats on the new job, the rosy outlook on life, and good luck on the "remodel" of Jack!! If he doesn't remodel well, he has many, many other good qualities. Good luck anyway. hehe

Only 3 1/2 weeks til my cruise!! Trying TaiBo. . . .