Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We got food poisoning out of the way... NOW we're ready for Mexico! We leave Klamath Falls tomorrow after I get off work! 80 degree weather here we come!

Last Friday evening we joined two friends at Sergios Dos out on S. 6th St and had what tasted like a great dinner. Saturday night I woke up with severe cramps which evolved into throwing everything up, followed by violent shakes, and later the intestinal stuff began. Jack was considering taking me to the hospital when he started experiencing cramps and was laid low too! Sunday we each claimed a bathroom and tried to sleep between bouts! I can't remember being so sick.

I did NOT want to miss the second Monday of my new job but I couldn't go in! At that time we thought we must have both came down with the flu - 4 days before we are supposed to leave for our honeymoon! We called Jack's doctor and they said there was nothing to do for the flu except drink lots of fluids and take Imodium and eat NOTHING until the diareha stops whch could be weeks! Monday passed the same as Sunday for Jack and I. Mike didn't get the walks he is used to - to say the least!

Finally Monday evening my system settled down! Jack had never thrown up and was feeling better Monday morning but by evening he was feeling bad again. Tuesday I packed chicken broth and gatorade to the office with me and made it through the day feeling weak but Ok.
Tuesday morning Jack got word from the friends we'd eaten with Friday night that they'd been sick too. Another mutual friend had eaten at Sergio's also and had paid for his dinner with a credit card so he was contacted by the Klamath County Health Department about food poisoning at Sergio's, he called Tom and Tom called Jack.

Strange to say but it was a relief to know we have food poisoning not the flu!

The resturant closure and investigation made the front page in todays paper. 80 people got sick! Food poisoning passes within 72 hours usually! I'm feeling back to normal. Jack is still feeling pretty rough but isn't racing to the little room anymore. Hopefully this is his last bad day too! I lost 6 pounds and Jack has lost over 12! That's the good side of this!

This will be my last post until after the 13th. We're only taking our clothes and debt card! When you think of us know that we're smiling!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Have lots and lots of fun. Wave at us as you fly past San Diego. I'll be thinking of you. Sending lots of love along with you both.

Glad it wasn't a weeks long bout of the flu too!!